Sunday, March 1, 2009

I love what I do

Of course I love what I do, or else I wouldn't do it... but there are moments when it is particularly more fun than others. This design for a bachelorette party invitation reflects one of those fun moments.

Imagine being at the place where I get my paper cut where a handful of somewhat dorky college dudes work. I hand them my stack of papers, show them where to cut and they nod and shuffle over the paper cutter, half paying attention as usual. They return holding this in their hands, rather sheepishly, almost blushing.
Here I am, the unassuming 5'-2" graphic designer lady that rarely gets their attention let alone a smile... and now, oh boy, show these boys a fishnet clad half-an-ass and they look at you like your Paris freaking Hilton.

It absolutely made my day. And that lesson for the day... never judge a graphic designer by the thickness of her glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment