Thursday, April 9, 2009

Reggie the Cat

Amanda and I have made the walk between Spilled Ink Press headquarters and the Western Brown line stop about a million times, and it's always nice to see our buddy Reggie on the way. Reggie is a big orange cat that hangs out around Lincoln Square. We were calling him Charlie for a long time until I thought to look at his tag. Yeah he's got a tag and lives in the area, but he gets a lot of freedom to roam and interact with his neighbors. He'll usually walk with you for awhile if you stop to pet him, unless he is lounging comfortably. Actually, he usually walks us to the corner of his block, but no further. And he always chatters at you. Today we saw him hanging out in a big pot like it was a throne or something, right outside of Cafe Selmarie.

2 comments:

  1. My wife and I always look for Reggie when we walk down Giddings. My wife did a search for Reggie and Lincoln Square and was shocked to see his picture. I think he should be the official neighborhood mascot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WEIRD!!! Reggie the cat looks JUST like my cat...maybe they are related. Chicago isn't that far from her hometown - Muncie :)

    Check it out:

    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=786619&id=1133570307

    --Amanda (Cruser) Orsillo

    ReplyDelete