Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Indie Wed

Ok all you groovy brides and bridegrooms... come on up to Ravenswood on the 30th and check out IndieWed! I have a pretty good feeling this aint gonna be yo mamma's wedding show!


Of course you will see our smiling faces with our friends from Green Paper Company. They are our friends for obvious reasons- a) they are awesome for inviting us to share their booth 2) we love their paper, and well, iii) they are kind of championing the way for environmentally friendly papers that are not just the speckled grayish brownish "look at me, I'm recycled" paper stock (although, not that there's anything wrong with that!). We heart post-consumer waste.


AND quite possibly what I'm looking forward to the most is being in the coolest building on Ravenswood Avenue. I have to admit, I am a sucker for those warehouse buildings on Ravenswood. In my past life of taking the train into downtown for my 9 to 5 job everyday, one of my favorite turns on the brownline trek south was passing by that really awesome building with the large glass full height atrium rising above the other warehouses (that is, if I was still awake at this point). This, ladies and gentlemen, is where we will be, at the Ravenswood Event Center. At the time, I didn't know what it was, just that it was an architectural gem. In a way, it's kind of a poetic gesture, a pat on the back.... yes Amanda, quiting your job as an architect to design wedding invitations has many MANY perks- and here's one of them, ata' girl.

See you there Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment