Monday, January 10, 2011

Vintage Bridal

A vintage inspired pocket invitation

My mom used to tell me I was born in the wrong era, needless to say I've always had a flare for the vintage. Estate sales and antique stores are my friend. Hoard Antiques, on Damen and Leland in Chicago is literally 2 doors down from the Perfect Cup, where I have my design consultations. And my confession is that I kind-of-sort-of plan my route from Spilled Ink Press headquarters so that I have to walk past their window... very slooowly. I covet the lace, cracked leather, and patina-ed wood nestled behind that storefront.

Today I treated myself to a perusing of sorts after three back-to-back meetings (I needed some slow retail therapy to bring me down from the coffee high). And lo and behold, I found a treasure chest of vintage bridal yumminess- quite literally. Here are some of my finds:
Aside from these anatomically incorrect waistlines, these patterns are to die for!

50's A-line lace dress, either the start of another masterpiece or a gorgeous summer wedding dress all by itself.


These ALMOST came home with me.... almost.


No comments:

Post a Comment